1. Refunds to Guests for cancellations are governed by the Cancellation Policy outlined in the Host’s property listing. In case of any inconsistency (and to the full extent permitted by law), this Refunds Policy has priority.
2. A Guest may cancel a booking after the booking period has commenced for the following reasons:
(a). the Host failed to provide the Guest with reasonable access to the booked accommodation (eg. failure to provide keys or security codes);
(b). the accommodation listing description was inaccurate in regards to:
(i.) the size of the accommodation (eg. number or size of the bedrooms, bathrooms or living spaces)
(ii.) whether other parties (including the Host) were staying there during the booking period with failure to notify the Guest.
(iii.) special amenities and/or features in the listing description were not provided or did not function (eg. swimming pool, hot tub, kitchen appliances, heating or air conditioning systems).
iv. the physical location of the accommodation was not accurately listed.
(c). At the start of the reservation booked by the Guest, the accommodation:
(i.) was not clean and/or sanitary
(ii.) contained safety or health hazards that (as judged by EzyStayz) could affect the guest’s stay in a negative manner
(iii.) was provided without clean bedding and/or bath towels for the Guest’s use (unless the Guest was notified of this in a reasonable fashion).
(iv.) had pest control issues or pets residing there that were not disclosed on the listing.
(d). other reasons judged to be fair and reasonable for cancelling a booking which shall be determined by EzyStayz in its sole and absolute discretion, together with the Valid Cancellation Reasons.
3. If a Guest has a Valid Cancellation Reason, they must notify EzyStayz of that reason within one day of commencing stay at the accommodation. Guests can notify EzyStayz of the Valid Cancellation Reason by either email link or telephone (number). EzyStayz encourages Guests to attempt to resolve any problems with Hosts prior to contacting EzyStayz.
4. If a Guest has a Valid Cancellation Reason (to be determined by EzyStayz in its sole and absolute discretion), EzyStayz may take the following actions:
reimburse the Guest up to the amount paid by them through the Site, with the amount determined by EzyStayz and based on EzyStayz’ discretion and the nature of the travel problem incurred; or
arrange alternative, comparable accommodation for any unused nights left in the reservation, with the determination of what is comparable at the sole and absolute discretion of EzyStayz.
If alternative accommodation cannot be found for the Guest, EzyStayz is not liable for any loss, damage, disappointment or distress to the full extent allowed by law, and EzyStayz’ extent of liability is limited to the amount paid for the booking.
5. If a Guest requests EzyStayz to determine whether an accommodation has a Valid Cancellation Reason, and in EzyStayz opinion it does not, Guests hereby acknowledge and agree that EzyStayz may seek to hold them liable for any costs (including without limitation travel and legal costs) incurred in making that determination. Such liabilities will become a debt due and payable within 30 days of the Guest being notified of them.
6. Hosts are responsible for ensuring that all accommodations they list on the site meet the minimum quality standards (as defined by EzyStayz and applicable laws) with regards to access, safety, sanitation and cleanliness. They must ensure that the condition of the property correlates with the description on the listing and that they do not present guests with Valid Cancellation Reasons. To ensure any issues which may arise are addressed in good faith, Hosts must be available (or ensure another party is available in their stead) for the first 24-hour period following Guest check in.
7. If EzyStayz determines (in its sole and absolute discretion) that a Guest has a Valid Cancellation Reason, the Host acknowledges and agrees that EzyStayz may:• hold them liable for any costs (including without limitation travel and legal costs) incurred in making that determination. Such liabilities will become a debt due and payable within 30 days of the Host being notified of them.
8. In addition to any other steps, Guests and Hosts acknowledge and agree that if they cancel a booking, EzyStayz may take any reasonable actions available, including, but not limited to:• negative ranking on a host listing;
9. Guests and Hosts acknowledge and agree that all determinations made by EzyStayz with regards to this Refunds Policy are final and binding.
10. Hosts acknowledge and agree that this Refunds Policy supersedes the Host’s Cancellation Policy. In particular, any intervention by EzyStayz in respect to cancellation shall not be grounds for any claim by the Host against EzyStayz. If a Host wishes to dispute a cancellation, they must notify EzyStayz in writing or by telephone and provide EzyStayz with information and evidence which supports their dispute. Disputes can only be considered if the Host has made a good faith effort to remedy the travel problem prior to any determination being made by EzyStayz.
11. This policy in no way constitutes an offer to insure or replace insurance contracts acquired by Guests, and neither does it include a premium to be paid by Guests. The benefits offered by this Refunds Policy are not assignable or transferable by Guests or Hosts
12. EzyStayz reserves the right to modify or terminate this Refunds Policy at its sole discretion and without prior notice. Should this occur, EzyStayz will post any modifications to the Refunds Policy on the site and any claims made prior to the effective date of the modification or termination will be processed in accordance with the policy in place at the time the claim was made.
13. The laws of New South Wales and Australia govern this Refunds Policy. Guests and Hosts acknowledge and agree that they will resolve any dispute through the Dispute Resolution Mechanism.
14. In the event that any provision of this Refunds Policy are held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision will be excised and the remaining provisions will not be impaired or affected.
15. This Refunds Policy contains the entire understanding between the parties concerning its subject matter and supersedes all previous agreements and understandings (whether written or oral) between the parties in respect of such subject matter.
16. Any failure by EzyStayz to enforce any provision of this Refunds Policy, or any forbearance, delay or indulgence granted by EzyStayz, will not be construed as a waiver of its rights under this policy.
1. Information We Gather
“Personal Information” is information about you that is personally identifiable, such as your name and contact details.
“Anonymous Information” is information that is connected to your personal information and will not identify you as a User.
2. General Data Collection Information
While we collect information submitted to us by Users, those who visit the site purely for browsing purposes will not have their Personal Information collected. Anonymous Information may be collected, however, as our server logs details of computers used to access the site, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and the operating system. The date, time of access and details of the data downloaded will also be recorded.
Examples of User data collected can include:Data provided when a User registers their account or updates it.
With regard to all Personal Information submitted by Users, EzyStayz assures that such information will be received in the strictest confidence and will not be disclosed or sold to a third party or any other unauthorised persons. However, we may disclose Personal Information in compliance with a lawful court order or any government regulatory requirements. Information may also be disclosed to prevent a vice, such as if a person’s life is in mortal harm. We could also disclose personally identifiable information of a User to our lawyers in connection to legal proceedings instituted against us by that particular User.
EzyStayz maintains an arrangement with payment third parties, including [relevant third party sites for payment processing to be inserted here – e.g.: MerchantWarrior, PayPal etc…] and as such we do not receive or retain a member’s banking details.
3. Control of User Data
Information provided or entered into our website by a User belongs to them and, as such, the User has control over who has access to that information. Only Users with a recognised username and password will be allowed to access a User account. The User has an obligation to keep his/her username and password safe, ensuring that access to private information is restricted only to authorised persons. Users also have the right under the Privacy Act 1988 to request access to Personal Information held by us. Such requests may be sent using the following email [relevant email address to be inserted].
We may use contact information provided to us by the User to contact them about any aspect of his/her account, inform them of a product that in our estimation might be of interest to them or about an imminent downtime/upgrade, or invite the User to take part in a service-related survey. Should a User wish to stop receiving such notifications, he/she may notify us directly or edit his/her preferences accordingly.
EzyStayz also uses longer-lasting Cookies to contain and display information relevant to a User’s account. The Cookies are encoded to ensure that only EzyStayz can interpret the information. Registered Users and other visitors always have the option to disable Cookies through their browser preferences, however this may make certain functions of the Site less effective.
5. Monitoring and Systems Usage
We may also use User information for internal purposes, such as monitoring our servers and system performance. We may display advertisements to Users using targeted aggregate and anonymous information collected using the Site [RP1]. But in doing so, we are still bound by our commitment not to disclose personally identifiable information to third parties.
6. Links to Other Sites
EzyStayz is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any other websites to which the Site links or those that link to our Site. By clicking on a hyperlink or logo to an external webpage, you will no longer be on the EzyStayz Site and we encourage Users to note the URL at the top or bottom of their browser to ensure they are aware of the internet location.
7. Governing law
8. Public Information
9. Intellectual property
10. Notification of Changes
11. Privacy Complaints and Enquiries
EzyStayz is dedicated to protecting our community of hosts and travellers. So if you are a security expert or researcher and have uncovered an issue that may affect the security of our Users, we would appreciate your assistance in disclosing it to us privately. This will allow us to correct any vulnerabilities before the issue is publicly disclosed, and in doing so protect the privacy and data of our Users.
We reserve the right to remove any content contributed to the EzyStayz website by members, travellers or any other user that does not meet the following guidelines.Listings